Penang Love - Self Assigned Projects #1

      This is a self-assigned project that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now. Having to be away from home for years had my love for my island to grow fonder.  Some might even laugh because the place that I have spent living in for 5years is only 370,000,000mm away from home.
It was an eye opening experience, like a gold fish in a jar, I've learned to appreciate the things that I’ve never even noticed when I was still in the island. The skills of being independent shaped me into a better person. The people that I've met, the events that occurred, the ups and the downs are priceless (and I'm only talking about being in another state of the same country I lived in, can't imagine how is it like being in another country!). Skipping the long-winded introduction and march into the intention of this project!


      The idea is to have a simple symbolic logo that represents my relieve whenever people talk about where I came from. From experience, the image that has been in my head for the past 5years (since 2011) throwback to the time when I was on the Penang Bridge heading towards the Island during the semester breaks.

      The sea occupied half of the logo portraying the distance I was at the time, overlooking to the stress free island. Through stormy days over the sea and into the island, the humble and thin silhouette of the island shows how small my home can be when I've gone beyond my comfort zone. The Sunrise/The Sunset represents the love coming from home and the rest assurance that everything is going to be fine ; "just chilling" now that is the culture of my island. A place of my family and homies, the people and the food! Lastly, the undeniable Penang Tree to stand in glory.

The simple project showcased the growth of love, memories made, sense of relaxation and pride.
With no complications and as simple as lines, I am proud to be a Penang boy and I will be carrying this on my back til the end of my days.

I've seen love from the people of my island all over Malaysia and it makes me happy.
Thank you for your time!
(turning up for Tupac's California Love)